At BestMattressReviews.com, we value education highly and want to give back to our community at large. We are also passionate about promoting sleep awareness and created this scholarship to both help further that cause and to help students pay for the increasing costs of higher education. This scholarship is intended to be used for tuition during the 2018-19 school year.
- Amount Awarded – $1,000
- Deadline – May 19th, 2018
- Non-Renewable – However, BestMattressReviews.com will run a new scholarship every year.
Eligibility And Application Requirements
- Applicants must be current high school seniors attending school in the United States OR current college students already studying at an accredited U.S. post-secondary institution
- Applicants must be U.S. citizens
- Applicants must be anticipating completion of high school diploma at time of application or already in possession of high school diploma / GED
- Applicants must be planning to or already currently pursuing a degree at an accredited U.S. post-secondary institution
- Applicants must be carrying a minimum 3.0 GPA currently or at the end of their senior year
BestMattressReviews.com is looking for creative video applications that answer the following two questions:
- How important is sleep as a public health issue? Sleep has gotten a lot of coverage in the last few years and we’d like to know how you think it stacks up and why you feel that way. Please use research and statistics to back up your opinions.
- Describe your current relationship with sleep and assess the quality of that relationship. Research and cover at least two to three ways you think you should change your lifestyle/sleep hygiene habits to improve your sleep health and how you plan to implement them over the next year of your life.
- Create a short video (no more than four minutes in length) answering the questions above and upload it to Youtube with the title “Best Mattress Reviews – Sleep Scholarship Application”
- Create a single page google word doc and, in it, answer the following questions – please use full sentences and feel free to elaborate if you have more to say about any of these:
- What time do you usually wake up during the weekdays (on a typical week of school)?
- What time do you usually wake up during the weekends?
- Do you ever feel like you could fall asleep in class? If so, what time(s) of day do you get sleepy?
- On average, how many hours a night did you sleep during finals week? Do you feel like it was enough, too much or too little?
- Where do you keep your phone while you sleep? Is the ringer on or is it set to silent or vibrate?
- Do you usually go to bed at the same time every night? If so, what time is that on the weekdays and what time is that on the weekends?
- What’s typically the last activity you participate in before you go to bed each night?
- Have you been diagnosed with a sleep disorder?
- Do you feel like you have trouble sleeping? If yes, how has that affected you?
- Please email us with a link to the video, google doc with complete answers to the survey above, as well as the following information to email@example.com:
- Your full name, mailing address, and telephone number
- The name of the college/university that you will attend with proof of enrollment
- What majors/minors you’re currently interested in
By submitting your application, you agree to allow BestMattressReviews.com the use of your video for promotional purposes.
- Winner will be selected based on the creativity and quality of their application.
- If the winner selected does not claim their prize within one week of being contacted, we will pick a new winner.
Huge congratulations to our 2017 winner Gimelyn Yray! Please look at her submission and see all other future winners here