PlushBeds was founded in 2008 and sells a number of different mattress models. The company’s key focus is on latex, and the Botanical Bliss mattress is a well-regarded mattress made almost entirely of natural latex.
Some of the key strengths of the PlushBeds Botanical Bliss mattress include:
- High-end latex construction: the Botanical Bliss mattress is built with two different types of natural latex from top-quality latex providers. These latex layers are arranged to maximize both support and comfort.
- Plentiful size and firmness options: PlushBeds offers a huge range of options for the Botanical Bliss mattress. It is available in three different heights (9”, 10”, and 12”), 4 different firmness levels, and 8 different mattress sizes. This affords customers significant flexibility in finding their optimal version.
Potential drawbacks for the PlushBeds mattress include
- High price: latex is more expensive than foam, and the Botanical Bliss mattress uses a lot of latex. As a result, it may not be in the budget for many mattress shoppers: even the lowest cost version (a Twin in the 9” height) costs well over $1,000.
- Delay until delivery: PlushBeds manufactures each Botanical Bliss mattress to order, which means a longer time from purchase to delivery. It may take 2-3 weeks before you can sleep on your Botanical Bliss, so it may not be an option for those who need a mattress right away.
- Sleep trial fine print: though the company offers a 100 night sleep trial, there are a number of provisions that could reduce the size of your refund. One example is the timing of your return — if you return the mattress within 30 days, PlushBeds deducts $99 from your refund.
PlushBeds Mattress Pricing
The PlushBeds Botanical Bliss mattress is offered with three different height options and four firmness options. Each of these is available in 8 sizes. We’ve outlined the pricing for all of these options below.
This table outlines the pricing for the 9” tall mattress based on size and firmness choice.
|Split Cal King||$2,698||$2,698||$2,698||$3,048|
This table outlines the pricing for the 10” tall mattress based on size and firmness choice.
|Split Cal King||$3,098||$3,098||$3,098||$3,548|
This table outlines the pricing for the 12” tall mattress based on size and firmness choice.
|Split Cal King||$3,698||$3,698||$3,698||$4,198|
About the PlushBeds Mattress
PlushBeds Mattress Specifications
PlushBeds employs both Talalay and Dunlop latex in the Botanical Bliss mattress. For quick reference, Talalay latex has a softer feel while Dunlop latex has a firmer feel.
The exact specifications for the Botanical Bliss mattress depends on the height option selected.
The 9” Botanical Bliss mattress is made with three layers. The top layer is 1” of wool with a knitted cotton cover. The second layer is 2” of 100% natural Talalay latex. The bottom support layer is 6” of organic Dunlop latex.
In the 10” version, the top layer is 1” of wool with a knitted cotton cover, the second layer is 6” of 100% natural Talalay latex, and the support layer is 6” of Dunlop latex.
The 12” Botanical Bliss has 4 layers. As with the others, the top layer is 1” of wool with a knitted cotton cover. The second layer is 2” of Talalay latex, and this is on top of a third layer of 3” of Talalay latex. The fourth layer uses 6” of Dunlop latex for support.
Where It’s Made
The Botanical Bliss mattress is manufactured in the USA.
Sleep Trial / Refunds
PlushBeds offers a 100 night sleep trial: if you aren’t satisfied, you have up to 100 nights to get a full refund. If you decide to return the mattress, you must box the mattress for shipping, and then PlushBeds will arrange for curbside pickup.
There are a few specific aspects of the PlushBeds sleep trial that it is important to be aware of:
- If you return the mattress within 30 days of delivery, the company deducts $99 from your refund.
- If you keep any of the bonus items that are often sent along with the mattress (such as pillows), $99 is deducted from your refund.
- If you purchase through Amazon or another retailer, you may not qualify for the full 100 night sleep trial. It is necessary to check with PlushBeds and with the retailer to confirm the length of your trial and the return process.
In addition to returns, the company offers a comfort exchange option. If you find that you would prefer a more or less firm version, the company will send you a new comfort layer in the mail that you can swap into your mattress. There is no charge for this exchange; however, the company does require a deposit until one of the comfort layers is returned.
After ordering, it takes 7-9 days for your mattress to be made. After this, shipping of may take up to an additional 7 business days. Shipping is free within the continental U.S.
Most of the Botanical Bliss mattresses are compressed and delivered in one box. Once you open the packaging, the mattress reaches its full size.
A few of the larger mattresses (King sizes and up for the 10”; Queen sizes and up for the 12”) are delivered in two boxes and require some assembly of the mattress layers.
Standard delivery for the Botanical Bliss mattress does not include any installation, setup, or haul-away services. PlushBeds does make referrals to local service providers who offer these types of white glove services for $99+.
The PlushBeds mattress comes with a 25-year warranty. The warranty covers material defects in the mattress. The warranty does not include the mattress cover. During the first 10 years of the warranty, the company will repair or replace a defective mattress. After that, it is prorated, and the company can choose how to remedy any problems. Full warranty details are available at
PlushBeds has been in business for over 9 years and has a good reputation for customer service. They have an A+ rating from the Better Business Bureau.
By combining different types of latex for its comfort and support layers, the Botanical Bliss is designed to provide high-level performance. Likely because of its high price tag, though, this mattress does not have an extended track record of customer or expert reviews. While there are many reasons to believe that the Botanical Bliss will deliver a quality sleeping experience for most people, there are fewer data points available to say this conclusively.
Latex is known for providing a high level of support. The base layer of Dunlop latex is more dense and provides a base for the comfort layer of Talalay latex. This latex is responsive enough to relieve pressure points, and the resiliency of latex helps it adjust to your body as you move in bed.
There is strong reason to believe that the Botanical Bliss mattress will maintain its shape and support over the long haul. Well-manufactured latex tends to age well, and PlushBeds uses high-quality latex in this mattress.
Each Botanical Bliss mattress comes in 4 different firmness options. Because the different height models have varying amounts of Talalay latex in the comfort layer, this can also influence the optimal choice for any particular customer. The company does provide ILD specifications for the firmness levels.
For people who want a soft or medium firmness, the company recommends choosing based on your preferred sleeping positions, as outlined in the table below.
For people who prefer a medium-firm or extra-firm mattress, the company suggests choosing based on body weight, as described in the table below.
The Botanical Bliss mattress performs well on tests of motion isolation; however, its high level of bounce from the latex makes it less adept at motion isolation than traditional memory foams. Still, the level of motion isolation offered should be sufficient for most sleepers.
There is no memory foam in the Botanical Bliss mattress, which is also made from natural latex. As a result, there are no issues of smell or offgassing.
Sleeping hot should not be an issue on the Botanical Bliss mattress. Latex is known for its bounce and resiliency, which reduces the amount of contouring that can contribute to sleeping hot. In addition, unlike memory foam, latex does not sink significantly more as it warms up from your body, which also helps to prevent sleeping hot.
Because of the bounce provided by latex, the Botanical Bliss mattress should not interfere with sexual activity.
The table below provides a comparison of some mattresses with similarities to the PlushBeds mattress in terms of construction and feel.
|Brand||Mattress Type||Support Layer||Comfort Layer||Price (Queen)||Where to Buy|
|PlushBeds Botanical Bliss||Latex||Latex||Latex||Varies||Online only|
|Leesa||Foam||Foam||Avena Foam||$940||Online + 1 showroom|
|GhostBed||Latex Hybrid||Foam||Memory Foam + Latex||$795||Online only|
|Casper||Foam||Foam||Memory Foam + Poly foam||$950||Online + some retail|
|Saatva||Innerspring||Hourglass coils||Coils + Foam||$999||Online only|
|Purple||Foam||Foam||Hyper-Elastic Polymer||$999||Online only|