Our favorite mattresses of 2018.
|BRAND||MODEL||PRICE||READ OUR REVIEW|
|Layla||Our Layla Mattress Review|
|Leesa||Our Leesa Mattress Review|
|Alexander Signature Hybrid||Our Alexander Hybrid Mattress Review|
|GhostBed||Our GhostBed Mattress Review|
|Loom & Leaf||Our Loom & Leaf Mattress Review|
|The Original Purple||Our Purple Mattress Review|
|Pure Green||Our Sleep On Latex Mattress Review|
|Sapira||Our Sapira Mattress Review|
|Zenhaven||Our Zenhaven Mattress Review|
|Helix||Our Helix Mattress Review|
Welcome to modern mattress shopping.
No longer are you limited to a dreaded trip to Sears or Mattress Firm to buy a mattress. In fact, you don’t even need to leave the comfort of your home to shop. Great mattresses at fair prices are one click away from a range of retailers and direct-to-consumer brands. With so many options available as you begin your mattress buying journey, sifting through the many brands and products can be daunting.
At Best Mattress Reviews, our mission is to cut through the noise and change how you shop for a mattress.
We’ll help you discover the right mattress for you.
In order to provide the best mattress reviews possible – comprehensive, consistent, and honest – we always consider certain key factors. Use these criteria as your guiding light as you shop for a mattress — both in the store and online:
If that feels like a lot to figure out, fear not, we’ve done the hard work for you. If you want to get down the nitty gritty and see how the different mattresses compare, check out our review directory.
Picking your type.
Innerspring beds use metal coils as their support system. They are best suited for people who like a springy, quick recovery in a mattress; prefer a more traditional style of mattress; want a mattress that is less likely to sleep hot; or need a reliable option at an entry-level price.
Memory foam mattresses use highly-responsive foam that contours to the body. They are best suited for people who want the feeling of sinking into their mattress; have major pressure points or need enhanced pressure point relief; aren’t concerned about sleeping hot; or prioritize motion isolation to prevent disruption from a partner’s movement.
A hybrid bed has an innerspring coil base with a foam or latex comfort layer. They are best suited for people who prefer a springy feel along with a responsive comfort layer; desire a thicker comfort layer than what is offered by most innerspring options; or want to try to find the best of many mattress construction materials.
Latex mattresses are made of either natural or synthetic rubber. They are best suited for people who want a mattress that responds to their weight but also retakes its shape quickly; like the feel of a mattress with more bounce; or worry about sinking too deeply into their mattress; are looking for an optimal mattress for sex.
How much should you spend?
There is a tremendous price range for mattresses, so to cut down on the noise, we’ve given you a basic outline to help you navigate what to expect from a mattress at certain prices.
- At this budget, any mattress will involve lower-quality materials and/or fewer mattress layers.
- Very basic innerspring and foam options can be found, but customer satisfaction tends to be low.
- Don’t expect a mattress at this price to hold up well over time.
- With slightly more to spend, you can usually find a mattress with a bit more heft to it, but again, the overall quality and durability will be lower.
- Options at this range also usually are innerspring or foam.
- At this price point, you can find some better choices, including mattresses made with higher-density foams or stronger innerspring bases.
- You still shouldn't expect to find a mattress with many features or with truly robust materials.
- This price point is a sweet spot for many customers as great values are available for innerspring, foam, hybrid, and latex options.
- Customer ratings for mattresses in this range tend to be excellent.
- While there may not be many bells and whistles to these mattress options, they are usually wisely-designed and well-built.
- More advanced materials and mattress features are available in this range in addition to a great option of latex mattresses, including those with very thick latex layers.
- Customers tend to be very happy with these options, and because they are built with better materials, these mattresses usually stand the test of time and daily use.
- Mattresses at this price level generally involve some specialty materials.
- Examples include proprietary mattress foams or high-cost organic or green mattress materials.
- These mattresses also often include white glove delivery and installation with your purchase.
- These are normally custom mattresses or mattresses built with extremely expensive materials.
- Because there is so much more competition in the industry today, it is rare to see mattresses online that cost this much.
- It is not at all necessary to spend this amount to get an extremely high-quality mattress.
Latest From The Blog
Are you wondering if there’s any benefit to tracking your sleep? Here’s everything you need to know so you can make an informed decision.
Servicemembers and veterans risk life and limb for their country. They deserve and require quality sleep to recover. These mattress companies are dedicated to providing that through special discount programs for members of the military and those who have served.
Do you travel for work and have trouble sleeping in a different bed than you're used to? Check out these tricks for falling asleep in a hotel bed so that you can get the rest you need to feel ready to attack the day.
Even if you’re not into essential oils, you’ve probably heard of them, and not only because three or four of your friends have started selling them. If you struggle with insomnia or you’d just like to get better rest when you’re asleep, it may be worthwhile to try an oil.
Not getting enough sleep doesn’t just make you feel off, it also negatively affects the way your body functions. The more sleep deprived you are, the more pronounced these effects will be, and the more likely you’ll be to suffer long-term difficulties.
To sleep with a top sheet or not...that is the question. People who love top sheets really love them, while people who don’t like them can’t understand how anyone in their right mind would sleep under one.